10.14.2010

teammates

We've had a long couple of weeks with random fevers and colds settling in our chests.  No fun.  But the sky is sunny, and I think we're on the mend by golly.  The past few days have been beautiful outside.  Fall in Texas is very nice with cool nights and almost cool days.  The boys play outside for hours creating new objects and inventions and games from stuff lying around the yard.  In fact, we played a family game of freeze tag.  It was a blast!  I recommend it highly.  When I get down on the typical school day sucking all the fun out of their lives, I am happy they have each other and backyard to make memories.  I know I know...school is fun.  But really?  Homework in second grade?  I don't remember it.  Do you?

Changing gears...I have to pay loads of respect to my darling husband today.  I was in bed with a migraine for most of yesterday and he took care of me.  Despite bratty tantrums, (me), and tons of tears, (me again), he was calm and knew just what to do to make it better.  When I sometimes get annoyed with him and his testosterone influenced illogical ways, God creates a situation for me to recognize and be grateful for my spouse.  No kidding.  Hub was on my list of 'not so favorites' at 3:00 and by 7:00 when the headache took its final spiral, I had erased all negative thoughts as he brought meds, rubbed feet and quietly ushered kids to bed complete with individual healing kisses for mommy.  When I think I am better off taking charge and just doing things myself, (a common trait among moms, I might add), I am humbled to remember we are a team and a really good one at that.

All that being said, my husband is deserving of praise galore.  He's not average.  He is definitely the best dad I know, and as far as husbands go...he is tops.  No holds barred.  Numero Uno.  Love ya babe.

ps Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment