8.02.2010

it's noon

Do you ever hit noon and think where did the day go? I do. Often. My kids are in their jams. I'm in my robe and I haven't brushed my teeth yet. (hey, I'm still drinking coffee...don't judge.) But it is okay. It's summer. It is blazing hot outside and the only thing left to do is sit at the computer, work a little on real work and pilfer through the mound of paperwork known as bills. The kids do not mind playing Legos and they certainly don't mind a twentieth or so viewing of Cars. In fact, I think I hear The Banana Splits playing. I'm glad their mixing it up. I'm even more glad they can work the dvd player on their own.

All that being said, we're about to batten down for the approaching school year. We need to get clothes in order, backpacks filled and a regular bedtime/wake time established. Am I scaring you? Don't worry, it's just on my radar which means it won't actually happen till next week or the week after.

No comments:

Post a Comment